How caries is treated
Treatment of tooth decay is to remove affected (altered pathologically) parts of the tooth (enamel and dentin), and then immediately dental sealing, that is, restoring the anatomical form of the tooth with the help of filling materials. Tactics of treatment, the number of stages will depend on the depth of damage to the hard tissues of the tooth.
Features of caries treatment depending on the depth of the lesion:
- Caries in the stage of white / dark stains
in this case, the defect on the surface of the enamel is not yet present, but there are patches of white (sometimes dark) colors that indicate that the enamel of the tooth has lost a lot of calcium in these areas. This form of caries is treated NOT sealing, and saturation of enamel with calcium and fluorine.
- Superficial form of caries
in this case there is a carious defect within the enamel layer. This form of caries is treated by traditional sealing.
- Average form of caries
In this case, the caries extends beyond the edge of the enamel and affects the upper layers of the dentin. In this article we will discuss the treatment of this kind of caries, as the most common.
- Deep form of caries
In this case, the caries spreads to the deep layers of the dentin, and the pulp of the tooth is separated from the carious tissues only a narrow strip of healthy dentin. Deep form of caries is treated with the use of additional stages to prevent the main complication of caries – inflammation of the nerve of the tooth-pulpitis!
The main stages in the treatment of caries are the following:
- Tooth extraction from plaque
- Determining the color of the tooth on a special scale
- Applicative anesthesia – a special gel wartsball the place of the injection and make it completely invisible.
- Injection anesthesia with the most up-to-date and safe anesthetics of the artiquine series.
- The drill of carious tissues, in dentistry Dental-Euro only uses one-time or absolutely sterile instrument and boron.
- Removing an old seal or its residues.
- Isolation of a tooth, use of cofferdama – this rubber “znovosochka” will reliably protect the tooth from saliva, and the patient and adjacent teeth from the used drugs.
- Medicinal treatment of carious cavity
- The use of calcium-containing pads with deep caries-calcium and fluorine will stand out for many years and strengthen the tooth from the inside.
- Mandatory Use of caries – an indicator (a special coloring indicates pathologically altered tissue, and superfluous to remove will not allow ….)
- Earthenware of enamel with acid
- Treatment of dentin and enamel with adhesive
- Artistic restoration seal is made from the latest developments of modern dental companies. Nanocomposite enters a chemical bond with the tissues of the tooth.
- Grinding and polishing of the tooth